Tuesday, July 12, 2011

She's Here!

I would like to introduce you to the newest member of the Callaway klan.  Her name is Stiana and she is GORGEOUS!



The other animals from last year's hunt came also, but she is the only piece that doesn't need to go to the taxidermist (we had it tanned in Africa). 

There was a lid on this crate but Steve and I ripped it open last night when he got home.

The horn wth the red tape around it is my impala and the big horn to the left of it is Steve's kudu.  There are also 2 backskins and a warthog skull in there but the chemicals they use on them stink so bad that I couldn't dig through it anymore. 

I took them to Miguel, the taxidermist, today and because business is slow this time of year, we should have our mounts in about a month.  I told him we will keep him very busy since we have 9 more coming....let's just hope it doesn't take so long to get them here this time. 

The rug turned out beautiful though, and is so soft.  The only problem is that I want to find a low traffic area in the house where nothing gets set on her.  Maybe I could borrow some crime scene tape from a cop and put it all around Stiana so no one will walk on her.  I would suggest hanging her on the wall, but we need to save our wall space for our new trophies. 

Geez....the tough decisions of a hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment