Saturday, July 30, 2011

Working Girls

Not that kind of working girls!  Geez!

I got myself a J.O.B. and I am very excited.  I will be the salesperson in Houston for a new company called SweetJack.  They are like Groupon and LivingSocial but are owned by the second largest medial company in the country.  So far, they are only live in Atlanta, and are doing awesome, and will be launching Dallas and Houston just after Labor Day.  Then they will be quickly expanding across the nation.  I am so excited to be on the ground floor of something like this, and even more excited to be getting back to work!  Best part, they are totally fine with the whole "bun in the oven" situation and are willing to be flexible with me post-baby as long as I keep my sales up.  My perfect situation would be to work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday so I could spend the other 4 days of the week with the bambino.  Best of both worlds?  I think so.

Steve kept making me promises of things I could have/do after I got a job (bribery is a good tool people), and top of that list is a cleaning lady.  We aren't messy, so just one day every other week to clean the bathrooms, vacuum, you know...the stuff we hate.  Our ultimate goal is this:  Hire a hispanic nanny who can teach our baby Spanish for the 3 days I work and then maybe she could also clean on one of the days I am off.  What's that you say?  Genius plan?  I agree.  Steve is only interested in whether or not she can cook authentic Mexican food...ugh.  I figure since we live in Little Mexico (aka: Texas), it would be beneficial for our kid to be bilingual. 


I love it when a plan comes together!  Let's just hope it all works out...

No comments:

Post a Comment