Thursday, August 29, 2013

Three years and going strong.

Today is our 3rd wedding anniversary.  That's right, I found someone to put up with me for 3 whole years of marriage!

So, in celebration of the big day, here are the reasons I love my little hubby:

1.  He makes me laugh.
He's pretty funny, and he thinks I'm funny too.  I really find that attractive in someone....when they think I'm funny, that is.

2.  I like to hang out with him.
We like to get dressed up and walk around like this all the time.  Don't you?  I love the way his head is cocked to the side.  Like he's deep in thought about how much he loves me.  I'm positive that's what he is thinking.

3.  He adores me.
I mean, look at that.  Nuff said!

4.  He gets me.
Even when I make no sense or am being crazy....he just waits for the storm to be over.  Then, when my head clears, there he is waiting for me with open arms.

5. We hardly ever fight.
This is mostly because he won't fight back.  See #4 and that is about how it goes.  It's no fun to fight with someone who won't fight back....so the fights don't go anywhere.  

6.  He shows me new things.
We travel a lot and both have dreams to see the world.  He is also a very easy traveler, which is super important to me. 

7.  He's pretty cute.  

8.  He's a great daddy.
Davis loves his daddy so much and they have so much fun together.  

9.  He provides a great life for us.
Yep, he's pretty great.

If I had to think of someone to spend the rest of his life with (let's face it, the odds are I will out-live him), I couldn't think of anyone better.  

Now, for what marriage really means:
1.  We are supposed to gain weight.  Only one of us is participating in that though....not pointing fingers.  (It's not me!)
2.  We fart in front of each other.  Again, only one of us participates in this.  I swear, before we were married I heard Steve fart less than 10 times.  Now, it's a free-for-all!  The doorknob game Honey Boo-Boo taught us is helping with this immensely though.  (If you aren't familiar with this game, google it.)
3.  We watch a lot of TV.  Whereas we used to go out and do fun things all the time, we now put the baby to sleep and then watch TV.  Thrilling.
4.  We share everything.  We have even shared gum once.  Not a stick of gum, actual chewed gum.

Well, extra pounds, farts, TV, backwash and all, these last 3 years have been awesome.

Love you Steve-O!

No comments:

Post a Comment