Thursday, March 1, 2012

Eskimo Baby

We are beginning to establish a little more of a schedule in this house.  Our exciting days consist of: eating time, wake time, sleep time - repeat.  Who says being a mom isn't glamorous???  I haven't showered today, I was spit up on at least 4 times in the last 24 hours, and have changed about 100,000 dirty diapers.  Looking on the bright side, I haven't been peed or pooped on in several days...I'd better find some wood to knock on.

Tuesday was Davis' 2 week doctor appointment.  He weighs 9 lbs 6 oz and is 20 3/4" long.  Anyone who doubted my milk production, TAKE THAT!  (He started at 8 lbs 13 oz and 19 1/2" long.)  The doctor was very impressed with his growth, which Davis was very happy about because he thinks she is very pretty.

Today, Davis got his first real bath.  The pediatrician removed his nub of an umbilical cord on Tuesday.  She said it was, "hanging on by a thread" and I am so glad she took care of business because even the thought of it makes me gag.  Give me dirty diapers all day long, but keep that thing away from me!  During the sponge baths he has been forced to endure since his arrival on this planet, Davis would scream his face off until I wrapped him tightly in his hooded towel.  Today however, he sat calmly in the water and basked in its warmth.  The screaming didn't start until I took him out and put lotion on him....he hates that. 

Then he got a little more upset when I put this outfit on him:

It was a gift from the group we hunted with in South Africa and is soooo soft...I just had to see how it looked. 

After all of the screaming, he quickly fell asleep and is still in said outfit.  Maybe he's getting used to it.  I would kill to have a super-soft footie pajama outfit like that! 

Today has definitely been a more peaceful/less stressful day.  Maybe tonight when Steve gets home I won't hand Davis to him and go hide in the shower for 3 hours like I may or may not have done last night.

Speaking of Steve, let me just tell you how having Davis has made my heart want to burst with love for that man.  He is so adorable with his son.  When I was hiding in the shower last night, I looked out and saw the two boys curled up on the bed having a chat about their day.  I could have died.  The rest of the night I couldn't pry Davis from Steve's hands....at least until it was time for the little guy to eat again.  Just wait until they can hunt and fish together; I will be an afterthought.  I hope they stay really close forever.

1 comment:

  1. Awww I really liked this post :) Hope you are feeling well, mama.

    ReplyDelete