Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I would take you out on a date, but I don't feel like getting dressed.

Do you know your love languages?  If not, read this book and get back to me. 

My love languages are Words of Affirmation and Quality Time.  When I don't get enough of these, I get pissy and start acting out.  I'm not going to get all Real Housewives on you and start talking about my 'empty love tank,' but I have been short tempered lately and I think this is why. 

In an attempt to force Steve into fulfilling my needs to spend time together and hear how great I am, I created an at-home date night.  Sneaky, right?

First, I went grocery shopping and found these on sale:
Geez, I'm romantic.

Then, I made dinner.  Surprise, surprise, I found the recipe on Pioneer Woman.  You will also not be shocked at all to hear that it was super easy and delicious. 

I opened a delicious bottle of wine.
This is from one of our favorite vineyards in Sonoma, Mazzocco.  I highly recommend it.  It was stop number 5 out of 7 on our first day of tastings, so when Steve said he wanted to join the club, I was confused because by that point I couldn't really taste much.  The first bottle we opened at home wasn't great and I was very worried, but I think that bottle was just bad because all of the rest have been delish!

I also (I know what you're thinking, "There's more?????" you bet your ass there is!) made a chocolate cake that looked like this:
How cute am I?????

Davis really, really, really enjoyed the cake.

I think he will be a huge encourager of date night from now on.

After he went to bed, Steve and I played a game I made.  I wrote a bunch of questions, put them in a bowl, then we would draw one and each answer it.  These questions ranged from, "What is your least favorite sound?" to "I really love when you..."  This was my chance to hear how great I am.  Nailed it!

After the game, we moved the date upstairs and that's when the real magic began.  Oh yeah, thanks to my subscription to US Weekly, we were in possession of the scratch and sniff card for this event:
 

I know, just when you thought the night couldn't get any more romantic, I took it to honeymoon status.  (Also, I realize this was last Wednesday...I'm busy, ok!)

Overall, at home date night was a great success.  I got to spend time with my husband, hear good things about myself, watch honey boo boo, drink wine, eat cake, and most importantly, didn't have to get dressed or put on makeup.  Steve asked today if we are doing it again tonight.  I'm just afraid I set the bar a little high and won't be able to surpass last week.


 

1 comment:

  1. Great.. I don't work out like you, so if I make that dish, It's gonna stick to my thighs forever. Cheers to one size bigger. This was super cute.

    ReplyDelete