Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Doctor, Doctor

I had my 36 week check-up today and have only dilated another 1/2 cm.  Looks like he is going to take his sweet time afterall.  My mom doesn't get in until the 1st anyway, so I guess it wouldn't be a bad thing to wait for her.  Let's aim for the 2nd!  :)

This afternoon, I had a "new mommy visit" with the pediatrician recommended by my OBGYN.  Normally these visits aren't necessary, but Steve and I had questions about her stance on immunizations, so I requested the meeting.  Afterwards, I was very relieved to hear that this highly recommended doctor is flexible and understanding and willing to tackle the controversial topic of immunizations our way. 

Steve and I are not anti-vaccines, but we do believe, after a lot of research, that it would benefit our son to wait until he is around 2 to begin the process.  Since he will not be going to daycare, we just have to have him immunized before he begins pre-k - unless the private school we are looking into will allow exceptions (although we can't claim "religious beliefs" since it is the school at our church).

I was very stressed at the idea of having to find another pediatrician if she was not willing to be flexible, so this is a huge relief.

I have been having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions all day - let's hope they turn into the real thing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment