Wednesday, December 8, 2010

If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself!

I woke up this morning with mixed emotions about the house.  Of course I am still excited and know it will all have been worth it in the end, but I am also a little panicked wondering who is going to finish the work.  I am just glad the situation isn't worse than it is.  The work they did is repairable and they weren't expensive so the half we gave them isn't that much.

When Steve got home, he asked me if I was feeling powerful after my recent firing.  I did feel a little like The Donald.
 
 
I'm not too worried though because there are things we can do ourselves.  First, I am going to sand the door frames and paint them myself.  I'm not the world's greatest painter, but I am certain I can do better than those two.  We definitely need to refinish the hardwoods, and Steve and Dale can do some of the other things.  Once again, Thank God for Dale!

I was beginning to think I could get a manicure this week and my life would be back to normal, but apparently I was wrong.  So instead, I'll put on my work gloves, sand, paint, clean, garden, and pray this place rents fast. 

I'm headed out there today, so I'll take some pictures to show you where we are at.

No comments:

Post a Comment