Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Mr. President!

Well, at least the President of this house.  Today is Steve-O's Birthday!!!  We are going out for dinner tonight, so last night I decided to make him a special birthday meal.  I made Cajun Pasta and Crème Brûlée.  Yes, you read that right Crème Brûlée!  It was quite possibly the best meal I have ever made.  Thank you and God Bless you Pioneer Woman! 

Here is the Pasta:
Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum.  Oh, and the pasta was incredible too.  (Wine distracts me....so yummy.) 

Rather than using chicken like she did in the recipe, I used some of the fish that we have (one day I'll take a picture of our freezer of fish and meat we have caught/hunted).  This pasta was so freaking good, but I had to save room for DESSERT! 

I am not normally a big dessert person, but this is BY FAR the BEST dessert I have ever made...and quite possibly ever had.  I truly outdid myself!!!!!  ...I say that in the most humble way possible. 

Take a look for yourself:
I wish this was a scratch-and-taste type thing, because it tastes MUCH better than it looks!

The only problem is that now I know how to make it and how easy it is.  What's to stop me from making this every month, or every week, or every day, or every hour?  Our blow torch was out of propane last night so I had to finish off another one today for this picture, and about 30 seconds after this picture was taken, the dish was licked clean. Yes, it was 3:30 in the afternoon, but it's a holiday of sorts...Steve's Birthday.  Please ignore the fact Steve didn't eat any of it.  In my mind, we shared it.  OK, I have to stop taking about it, or I will run back to the fridge for seconds...then thirds...then fourths.

I had a job interview today that lasted a little longer than I expected...but that's a good thing...and so I didn't have time to finish Steve's birthday gift (I'm making him a herb garden).  Perhaps I'll get a job soon though and that will be the best birthday present he could possibly get....I'm not cheap to have around.  :)  As soon as I finish planting the herbs, I'll take pictures and share them with you before they die (I have a pretty black thumb). 

Off to spend time with Steve on his special, special day...just had to share the deliciousness that took place last night...and this afternoon apparently.

Tootles!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh pasta and Crème Brûlée. My two absolute favorites! No lie!!

    ReplyDelete