Thursday, April 28, 2011

Off With His Head!

Is anyone else as excited about the upcoming Royal Wedding as I am????  Everyone called Princess Diana and Prince Charles' wedding a 'fairy tale', but I believe this wedding is the true definition of a fairy tale.  Kate Middleton is commoner!  Just like 99.9% of the world, she has zero Royal breeding and probably always dreamed of and pretended to be a princess....and now it is actually happening!  It doesn't hurt matters that she is SO beautiful and I truly believe they are in love, unlike so many Royal marriages.  I can't wait to see her dress, the flowers, her arrival, and most importantly her tiara.  Does anyone put on a show like the British?  I mean seriously.
Due to my excitement I have been watching everything Royal on TV (taking a break for General Hospital of course), and much to my delight The King's Speech showed up from Netflix yesterday...which I highly recommend if you haven't seen it yet.  I am absolutely fascinated by the lives of those who are inaccessible.  Maybe that's why I love celebrities so much...

Today I went out to water the herb garden (I know, I know, you are probably saying, "Wait, wasn't that a gift for Steve, and so he should be doing the upkeep?" but that doesn't seem to be how it is working out) and noticed that all of the leaves were gone from the parsley plant.  What the heck?!?! 
Upon closer inspection, I noticed a little guy who looked just like this:
going to town on my parsley.  That little jerk helped himself to all but one leaf of my precious plant.  Due to my new Royal training, I thought to myself, "How would the Queen handle this?" and so I decided to go old school and let the punishment fit the crime.  OFF WITH HIS HEAD!  Let him be an example to the others that this behavior is deemed unacceptable by the Kingdom and will not go unpunished.

On a brighter note, some of the herbs are doing great.  Look at this basil! 
That makes me want to cook Italian food!

And, look at this! 
We have Jalapeno Peppers growin'!

Tune in tomorrow for my thoughts from the wedding.  I will enjoy some tea and biscuits while I observe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment